Wednesday, October 28, 2015

God is still God...

Well it's been two weeks since surgery and I'm healing nicely. The surgery day was just what I'd prayed for. Lots of joy and sharing love with those around us. Good techs, nurses and doctors around me. I felt peace. 

Recovery has gone smoothly as well. I've very little pain and every day I'm getting more energy. I'm almost back to normal. God is so good!

I had my follow up yesterday from surgery. I had determined in my mind, since I didn't hear from the doctor about the pathology, they didn't find anything. The cancer was gone and I was going to tell the doctor that since I'm now cancer free I'm choosing to not do radiation but instead build my immune system naturally to keep any cancer from coming back. Both my friends who have walked with me on this journey weren't able to make it but I knew I'd be ok. I was confident that this was the end of my cancer journey.


God has other plans for me. The cancer spot measured on the mammogram was 0.6cm the lump the doctor removed was 6.0cm. Plenty of room to get clear boarders right? Sadly that is not the case. Apparently I'm not done with my cancer journey so please pray for wisdom as to my next course of treatments. Thankfully, I have options and I'm prayerfully considering each one. I know no matter what I choose God is still in control, my true friends and family will support me, and I'm going to praise God no matter what.

My top three choices are:
another lumpectomy hoping to get clear boarders
mastectomy with reconstruction
a cancer treatment center for less or non-invasive treatment

I know many may have polar opposite opinions on the best course of action for me but I'm prayerfully and carefully considering MY options and the best plan for ME and my kids. The best thing you can do for me is to pray. For wisdom, peace, healing, faith, determination, and anything else God brings to your mind. 

Lamentations 3:19-25

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
    the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
    and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have HOPE:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;

I will say you are my GOD; I trust in You! 
My life is in Your hands. Psalm 31:14-15

Do not grieve, for the Joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

His Loving Kindness Endures Forever! Psalm 136

God is still God... He is NOT surprised by this nor has He abandoned me to it. I will continue to TRUST Him and rely on HIS Word as a promise to NEVER leave me or forsake me.

GOD'S GOT THIS and I'm going to continue to kick cancer in the big fat A**!!!!

Fully Trusting Him,
Karla

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that the lymph nodes showed unrelated tumor clusters.

    ReplyDelete