Monday, October 5, 2015

Still on Track

I thought I'd give you a little update.

I have my MRI tomorrow, please pray I can hold still for the 30-60 min I'll be in the tube. I've had an MRI on my knee before but I was face up and feet first then. This time I'm going to be face down and head first. I'm not a stomach sleeper so this is going to be a challenge. Most likely uncomfortable but not un-doable :)

Wednesday I have my Radiation Oncologist Consultation to see what kind and how long of radiation I'll need. I get that this is the best treatment plan for my kind of cancer but really don't want to have it. So the least amount to do the best job.

This week is full of putting things in order and taking care of details so your prayers for good time management and clear thinking would be appreciated.

Surgery is still scheduled for Monday October 12th. I show up at 6am but surgery is at 1pm.

Things I'm thankful for:
My time away with my Texas girlfriends. This weekend was scheduled back in July before my diagnosis but God's timing for this getaway was perfect. I reconnected with dear friends, relaxed, laughed and was blessed.

My Sis-in-LOVE Jennifer for SPOILING my kids this weekend! I think we have enough sweets and toys in the house to last till Christmas!

My church! They have set up meals for me after surgery, signed me up for the card ministry that sends encouragement for cancer patients, and sent me multiple emails letting me know they are praying for me.

Mindy! She's going with me to my RadOnc appt AND taking me to the hospital for surgery AND spending the night with me!!! YOU ROCK!

My carpool Moms who've taken over carpool for the week of surgery.

God is still in control and I'm awed once again at His peace that has washed over me!

Love you all and thanks for praying!

Fully Trusting Him,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment