Friday, October 9, 2015

Good News and A Longer Day


I'm starting off with things I'm thankful for:

   Scripture! It's always been my lifeline and this week is no exception. See below what God's been teaching me.
   
   My appts went well and I was even able to take my mom to here 1 year follow up from two knee replacements. All is good with her and she doesn't need to go back for 4 years!
  
   The kids are doing well even though we've had a few rough moments this week. I think we're all tired of waiting for this to get started and definitely can't wait for it to be over.

   For the MANY, MANY people here and around the world who are praying for me. I feel it and I'm humbled.

******

It's been a tough week. Appointments and kids and parents all needing my attention and there were several days I didn't want to think about ANYTHING especially not cancer or being ready for Monday. It seemed that this week, a bunch of little details that needed my attention kept popping up. As soon as one was done there was another thing in the mail to do. Not know how I'm going to feel next week creates this sense of urgency to get it done!

BUT... our gracious God has reminded me over and over to seek Him first. In my Bible Study Group today, Matt Chandler was talking about Colossians 3:1-10. Set my mind on things above and then put to death what is earthly in you. For so long, my pattern has been backward. This was a fresh perspective on an age old problem for me. "Do away with the bad and then focus on the godly" Well, that's not God's prescription for putting to death what is earthly in me. He says to seek the things of God and set my mind there. Then the earthly ways in me, the worry, short temper, need to control, selfishness will diminish. The old Hymn Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus has a chorus that rings true...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.


I can Fully Trust Him to keep His promises. And the promise I'm clinging to right now is that though my earthly self is struggling with parenting, cancer, life right now, when I turn my eyes to Him they fall away. Now they don't GO away because even this afternoon they are very much still there. But my perspective soon becomes His. I can thank Him and praise Him for the trials because they keep me trusting Him for strength and peace. And HIS PEACE is way better, more fulfilling, more complete than anything this world has to offer. A peace that passes earthly understanding. Thank You JESUS!

Now on to details:

Tuesday's MRI was definitely an experience. I'd take a mammogram any day over an MRI. It's not one I'd like to repeat but I made it through. The good news is that the cancer isn't heading toward the nipple so I get to keep it! And that also means it's still a lumpectomy and nothing more. Answered prayer for sure! THANK YOU LORD! 

Radiation Oncology appt was very informative and it looks like I'll start the radiation process about 4 weeks after surgery. They will make a mold for me to lay on so I'm in the same position for every treatment and take a bunch of measurements to get the right settings and then a week later the treatments start. 5 days a week for 6 weeks puts me being finished just before New Years. 

I was on the phone quite a bit today with registration and pre-op stuff but I'm all ready to show up at 6:30 Monday morning for a 2:30 surgery. I know it's WAY TOO EARLY but there are two procedures to do beforehand and my original surgery time was bumped from 1pm. That just means someone is worse off than me and needed my slot. PRAISE JESUS!

Pray I really listen to my body and do what's best for me. I'm going to go one of two ways... Not move at all (which is not good) or do too much (which is really bad). I need to find a balance of getting around without over doing.

Pray the kids sleep well at their friend's house Sunday and Monday nights. That they can focus on school and not worry too much. That they will have understanding teachers if they need someone to talk to.

Pray for everyone I come in contact with Monday. I want to ooze Jesus and cause people to ask me why and be bold enough to share His love with them.

I love you all! Thanks for praying!

Fully Trusting Him,
Karla


No comments:

Post a Comment