Sunday, April 25, 2010

a Psalm of my beloved

All around me
The winds whip and howl
and fierce torrents rage.
Many are battered and swept away.

Still I trust in you Lord
You are my stronghold
Your hands hold back the fury
They buoy me up amidst the torrent

Oh, my God
You are my shelter
You keep me safe in the stormy times
You comfort met through the thunders
You are the covering over my head
Your walls keep me dry

Though the day is dark,
I praise you
Though clouds blot out the sky
I thank you
As rumors obscure the horizon,
I worship you
Cries of despair fill my ears,
In faith, I sing to you

You fill my soul with peace
Your praise fills my mouth
Your love makes my heart beat
Your strength courses through my bones
Your word fills my mind with truth

Your peace conquers anger
Your praise is louder than the thunder
Your love is purer than fresh spring water
Your strength made all that is
Your truth defeats the worries and uncertainties of this world

As the storm rages.
I cling to the Rock

One thing I know;
It will never change;
It will defeat all efforts of the enemy;
It is true through my problems, trial and failures;
It was true;
It is true;
It will always be true -

Jesus loves me

And I will always love Him.

written by Jim Cutts sometime between 1994 and 1998

I found this in the Bible he used when we met. Jehnie wanted the Bible because it was the one she remembered him reading. When I went through it, this was there.

Funny how appropriate and relevant it is for me now.

2 comments:

  1. Karla, that is a beautiful psalm Jim wrote and how amazing that he kept that in his Bible all this time. I could hear your voice in every word and know that this was very appropriate for this time. God is so awesome! Love ya! Twila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla, what a precious treasure to find this! It's like he is speaking to you and comforting you from Heaven! Jim wrote this and left it for you to find in the time of your greatest need, though he didn't know it at the time! I pray you will find peace, comfort and joy in the Father who loves you so much!!
    1-4 But now, God's Message,
    the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
    the One who got you started, Israel:
    "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
    I've called your name. You're mine.
    When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
    When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
    When you're between a rock and a hard place,
    it won't be a dead end—
    Because I am God, your personal God,
    The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
    I paid a huge price for you:
    all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
    That's how much you mean to me!
    That's how much I love you!
    I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
    trade the creation just for you. Isa 43:1-6 (Message)

    I hope this scripture will minister to you today Karla!
    Love and prayers,
    Sherry Smalling

    ReplyDelete