Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter

This last weekend hit me hard. Not only was it Easter and the first holiday Jim wasn't here to share but April 2nd was "rose garden day" It was the day Jim proposed 13 years ago. I know it sounds funny to celebrate that every year but... that's what we did. Let me tell you why.

When Jim and I started dating and people would ask us the who, what, where, WHEN, how questions, I ALWAYS rememberd the dates that significant things happened. Like, when he asked me to dinner, when he held my hand, when he told me his feelings changed etc. Also, I liked to remind him on the 22nd of each month that it was so many # of months til my birthday. Well that first birthday in 1996 he gave me a Thomas Kincade calendar. I loved it and looked through all the paintings until he asked..."did you read the calendar?" I then looked at each month and there on the 22nd was a countdown til my birthday. Also the significant days I had remembered in our relationship.(he really rememberd them too) as well as a bunch of goofy stuff. I got a TK calendar EVERY year with more and more fun silly romantic things added. Yes you guessed it. I have 14 calendars!!!! Well, after we were engaged (4/2/97) it showed up on 1998's calendar and every year since.

I say all this to let you know how much our relationship meant to both of us. We had a story for everything and loved sharing it with anyone who would listen.

Thank you for hearing my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Hey honey, print that and put it in a book somewhere for your children. They deserve this one later, when they can truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete